History (the boring stuff):
My name is Alon Sabi. I was born in Israel on a hot summer day during 1974 (Strangely enough, the Yom Kippur War ended about 9 months earlier … so you get the picture … husband goes to war … husband comes back from war… all of the testosterone is boiling etc … – lets move on).
As a kid I had a normal life (normal is a matter of definition, but trust me on that one). I got my first computer when I was 11 years old (an Apple II C), and that’s when I fell in love with programming. I went to high school , studied Chemistry as my main area of focus, and served 3 years in the army (no, I did not shoot at or killed anyone).
At the age of 26 I met the love of my life – my wife (god bless her awesome mother), and we moved to Vancouver, BC Canada, shortly after (with the rest of my family). I went to study, and not too long after (2002) I was offered a job with Function Point Productivity software – back than we were a total of 3 staff, including the boss – I have been working there since.
These days I am the VP of technology at Function Point, responsible for the development team , DevOps and internal IT departments. We are always on the lookout for more developers. I am also a certified scrum master and a Zend certified engineer (PHP 4, PHP 5.3 and Zend Framework).
A link to my linkedin account – http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alon-sabi/3/406/102
My passion in life include the following :
- First and foremost my immediate family. My wife Yvette Sabi, and my two daughters Danielle and Amber who were born in Vancouver, Canada.
- My extended family – parents, brother and sisters, and beyond … 🙂
- Anything productivity – I follow getting things done (more about this in my blogs)
- Anything technology – System administration, Hardware, different OS – Linux, Mac OSX, Windows (more about this in my blogs)
- Anything PHP, MySQL, Html, CSS, Jscript.
My Principles in life are as follows:
- To love and support my family in every possible manner
- To be happy at home and at work
- To be the best that I can be professionally and personally
- To help others to be the best that they can and want to be
- To treat others the way THEY want to be treated
Closing words of wisdom:
“Exercise is wonderful, I could sit and watch it all day.”
The Ringworld Larry Niven page 15